Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Principles of Design

These ten principles defined Dieter Rams’ approach to “good design”:
Good design is innovative
Good design makes a product useful
Good design is aesthetic
Good design helps us to understand a product
Good design is unobtrusive
Good design is honest
Good design is durable
Good design is consequent to the last detail
Good design is concerned with the environment
Good design is as little design as possible

Mine are these
Design must be:
- Perfectly functional
- User friendly
- Respectful with the environment
lfp

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for stopping by. I agree with you... it has to be perfectly functional.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like these principles. But I would add, Beautiful. When I'm deciding on what to surrond myself with, or wrap myself in, my two guides are 1) Have nothing in your home you do not find to be beautiful or useful (a designer whose name I can't remember),and 2)Why not? Everyday is all there is (Joan Didion).

    allora, retorno al mio caffe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. When i asked myself what would be my principles i deleted a lot. I think beauty is an attribute we give to something or someone, but it is strictly subjective, i have found things i don't condider pretty change to beautiful in matter of days, months or years. What do you think?

    ReplyDelete