Saturday, January 24, 2009
Frida Kahlo and Diego Rivera House
Designed by Mexican architect and painter Juan O'Gorman in 1931, this avant-garde home in México City was actually two separate houses joined by a walkway (at the top of each house). Frida and Diego lived here between 1934 and 1940, and Rivera returned here to live after Frida's death in 1954. Now one of the architectural monuments of the area, the building also contains some of Rivera's art as well as the couple's personal belongings.